Tuesday, 28 February 2012

WALES, Cymru - Gower Peninsula

I just got back from 2 blissful nights staying on the Gower peninsula in Wales.  The place is amazing - awash with natural beauty. The emerald green fields, the sheep, beaches, horses on the commons and fresh air all serve to rejuvenate my soul which I have to admit at times is worn down by the hustle and crowds in London. How lucky am I to have great friends there who have offered me an open invitation to head over when ever I can.  It is a 5 hour trip from home but really does feel like another world.


One of the many highlights from my trip was being able to watch the Wales vs England rugby game with my friends. We headed into Swansea before the game to check out a special Walsh products market.  The fountains at the mall had been dyed red and wee children were dressed in traditional clothes.  Very cool!  Wish I could have stayed for St David's Day. I took a little Welsh cheese, Welsh cakes and Welsh fudge home with me :-)

I had bought a special daffodil hat for the occasion and might now consider this a good luck charm as Wales pulled of the win - only the 2nd time at Twickenham in 22 years (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/02/25/rugby-nations-england-idUKL4E8DP0AF20120225 ). We cheered so loud that we made the poor baby cry!  oops.
My friend's mother sporting the daffodil hat with pride!

video
The sun shone down on us all day Sunday and I was treated to a visit to both Langland Bay and also to an ice cream at The Mumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment