Friday, 27 May 2011

FREE STUFF London Day Out

Day out in London

Champing at the bit to get out of my tiny apartment and explore London before our glorious early summer quits on us, I am managed to successfully nag at a friend to join me in Trafalgar Square to see a mass Morris Dance. I decided to catch the bus rather than venture underground to the tube. As my stop is the first on the route, I managed to secure the front seat on the top deck.  I decided to take some photos along my route as we passed through London's streets from NW London to Trafalgar Square.
 Design on the top of a cab
Camden Town

 

Passing by Camden Market




Trafalgar Square
Lions in Trafalgar Square

Ship in a Bottle at Trafalgar Square

Nelson's Column

Morris Dancers... there was more crowd than dancers


Random Apartment Block

Waiting at the bus stop


The Morris Dance ended up being interesting and unique but also a little underwhelming as it wasn't quite as 'mass' as I had thought it would be.  I did get a chance to talk to one of the dancers about just what exactly they were all up to.  It turned out that the guy was from Adelaide, Australia! After all the dancing I dragged my friend for a walk down Fleet Street, past the Wren church and down to this 1600s pub called 'Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese' which I had visited a few weeks early on a walking with Urban Adventures. I enjoyed a pint of cider in the basement, saw Samuel Johnson's chair and then headed to Leicester Square for dinner at an Italian restaurant. A great day/evening out!

No comments:

Post a Comment